If you have arrived here by the help of search
engine, we pre assume that you are seeking some home loans
to purchase a home or on the look out for some information
related to Home loans or Home Loan Types or you must read
some Home Loan Articles. Hereby, we present to you the home
loan documents checklist that you need to ensure
is with you, before you apply for a home loan. A basic checklist
for home buyers like proper and clear title and correct proposition
will help you make a safe and informed purchase. There are
other home loan tools like calculators
suitably devised to assist you.
Confirmation of Income
- If you are a salaried person, please provide two recent
consecutive pay slips or a copy of your employment contract
or a letter from your employer.
- If you are self-employed, please provide copies of your
last two Financial Accounts as prepared by your accountant.
- Appointment Letter
- Salary Certificate
- Retainer ship Agreement, if appointed as a consultant
- FORM 16 issued by the employer in your name.
- Last three years income tax returns duly filed and certified
by the Income Tax Authorities
- Similar Document -separately for each co-applicant.
- Identity card issued by your employer
- Visiting card
- Voter's ID card
- PAN card
- Ration card
- Employer's Identity card
- School leaving certificate
- Birth certificate
- Ration card
- PAN card
- Rent agreement, if you are staying currently on rent
- Bank Pass book
- Allotment letter from your company if you are residing in
Name Change Proof (If Applicable)
A copy of the official gazette b. A copy of a newspaper advertisement
publicizing the name change c. Marriage certificate
Investment Proof (If Applicable)
- Bank statement for the last six months of all operating
and salary accounts
- Bank statements for the last six months of all current
accounts, if self-employed.
- Any other photocopies of investments held, if required
by the Bank
Property Title Proof
- Original Sale agreement with Builder/Developer duly registered,
- Tripartite agreement from builder/developer
- Land documents indicating ownership, e.g.- Photocopies of
title deeds, if applicable
- A certificate by the legal advisor of the builder to the effect
that the builder has a good reputation and it is free from
encumbrance and other charges.
- A certificate from builder's Chartered Accountant certifying
that the builder has not mortgaged the property anywhere
- Certified true copy of approved plan.
- Copies of receipts of payments made to builder/developer.
- Allotment letter
- Possession letter
- Lease agreement, if applicable (Property bought from a development
- Mortgage deed if the Bank opts for a registered mortgage.
- No Objection Certificate from the developer, society or development
authority as applicable
- Personal Guarantees, if applicable.
- In case of alternate or additional security, documents for
the same depending upon the security details.
- For self-construction: Approved plans and clearance certificates
along with estimates
- Post dated cheques for the EMIs.
Confirmation of Rental Income
Copy of the existing tenancy agreement, or a rental appraisal,
from a local real estate agent signed by branch manager, or
Deposit or Investments
- Evidence of your deposit or investment funds, i.e. a bank
statement or term deposit receipt.
- For low equity loans (5-19% deposit), copy of your savings
account statements over the last six months.
Sale and Purchase Agreement
- If you are planning to buy a property, please provide a copy
of the successful sale and purchase agreement signed by both
you and the vendor.
- If you are planning to sell or have already sold your existing
property, please provide a copy of that property's sales and
New Customer to the banks of India
- If you are refinancing from another bank please provide copies
of your loan statements covering the last six months.
- Please provide copies of your account statements covering
the last six months from your current bank.
- Please provide copies of your identification and if you have
arrived in the country within the last 5 years, please provide
a copy of your passport.
Government Valuation and rating System
A copy of the latest Government or Ratings Valuation is to
be provided. Depending on the age and value indicated in conjunction
with the amount required to borrow, the Bank may require a
Registered Valuation and your Banker will advise you.